Rethink Your Data Storage. Toshiba Enterprise 18TB Enterprise Hard Drive
CHECK STOCK AVAILABILITY BEFORE PLACING ORDER. STOCK WILL BE ORDERED FROM OUR SUPPLIERS
The MG09 Series features Toshibas third-generation, 9-disk Helium-sealed design to advance Conventional Magnetic Recording (CMR) density to 2TB per disk, achieving a total capacity up to 18TB. The industry-standard 3.5-inch form-factor provides 7200rpm performance, and integrates easily into cloud-scale storage infrastructure, business-critical servers and storage, and File and Object storage solutions.
The massive 18TB CMR capacity is delivered using Toshibas innovative Flux Control Microwave Assisted Magnetic Recording (FC-MAMR) technology. These advances help the MG09 Series to achieve optimum storage capacity and application compatibility, with unsurpassed data reliability. The helium-sealed design reduces aerodynamic drag to significantly lower the drive’s operational power profile, which helps deliver critical TCO benefits for data center infrastructures. The 3.5″ form factor integrates easily into cloud-scale storage infrastructure, business-critical servers and storage, and File- and Object-based storage solutions.
- Cloud-scale Sever and Storage Infrastructure
- Software-defined data center infrastructure
- File- and Object-based storage infrastructure
- Tiered Storage Infrastructure Solutions
- Workloads and Use-Cases that Benefit from High Capacity per Spindle disk drives
- Capacity-Optimized Cloud-scale and Rack-Scale Storage Systems
- Compliance Data Archives and Data Life-Cycle Management Storage Systems
- Data Center Data-Protection and Data Back-up Infrastructure
- Conventional Magnetic Recording (CMR) for broad compatibility
- Toshiba Flux Control Microwave-assisted Magnetic Recording (FC-MAMR) Technology
- Industry-leading 9-disk helium-sealed design for superior storage density
- Industry Standard 3.5-inch Form Factor
- 7200rpm Performance
- Lower operational power profile, providing excellent power efficiency (W/TB) for better TCO
- 550 Total TB Transferred per Year Workload Rating
- 512e Advanced Format Sector Technology. Includes Toshiba Persistent Write Cache Technology for Data-Loss Protection in Sudden Power-Loss Events
- Sustained transfer rate and power efficiency improvements vs. prior MG Series generations
- Designed for 24/7 Enterprise Storage
DEMAND MORE, GET MORE
The enterprise demands more and with the MG Series you get it. Each member of the series has a workload rating of 550 TB/year, which is around ten times higher than an average desktop hard disk drive. This performance is available at any time of the day or night, as 24/7 operation also comes as standard.
INTEGRATED RV SENSORS
Regular hard disk drives can impact the performance of a multi-bay system by generating ‘knock-on’ vibration. The MG Series ensures high reliability by minimising vibration effects through their advanced control and sensing technology. Multiple sensors detect the slightest shock and built-in RV (Rotational Vibration) sensors compensate for any rotational vibration detected, eliminating the possibility of ‘knock-on’ vibration in multi-bay server systems.
KEEPING YOUR CRITICAL DATA SAFE
Your data is critical so don’t risk it. Toshiba’s advanced technologies have been developed to add security and assurance to the enterprise user. With Persistent Write Cache Technology your data is safe in the event of an interruption in power supply during a write to the hard disk. Data is saved in the large flash-based cache and written to the disk when power is restored.
BUILT TO DELIVER, DESIGNED TO LAST
Toshiba is renowned the world over for 50 years of leading innovation and the power behind its range of hard drives is no exception. Designed for high capacity and excellent performance, you can be sure that Toshibas wealth of experience in hard drives is at work in your storage system. A 5-year warranty is also included with the Enterprise Capacity Hard Drive – MG Series for the ultimate peace of mind.
- Capacity: 18TB
- Form factor: 3.5-inch
- Interface: SATA 6.0 Gbit/s
- Rotational speed: 7,200 rpm
- Buffer size: 512 MB
- Block Size (Byte): 512e
- Fill Gas & Recording: Helium CMR
- Data Rate (sustained) (MB/s): 268
- Power typ: Operating 8.35W, idle 4.16W
- 24/7 operation: Yes
- Mean Time to Failure: 2.5 million hours
- Limited Warranty: 5 year